8 Simple Bathroom Design Tips
You might be building a new home and designing the bathroom of your dreams, or maybe you’re just remodeling and adding a new bathroom or changing an existing one. In any case, you have a certain amount of room to work with. Here are some ideas we’ve come up with to help you in this process.
1. Make a list of everything you absolutely need in your bathroom; the obvious are the toilet and a sink. If it’s going to be a full bathroom, are you going to want a shower & bath combo or a standing shower?
2. Next comes any items you would like to include. Most people want a cabinet under the sink for extra storage of miscellaneous items that will be used in the bathroom, toilet paper, shampoo, the mouth, etc. Figure out if you will add a mirror over the sink that either does or does not have a medicine chest. Lighting is very important, naturally or via a light bulb. Make sure you have plenty of lighting coming into the room. A fan is ideal as it can be helpful for keeping moisture out, which helps to prevent mold.
3. If you feel uncomfortable and unsure if you are doing this correctly, you might want to consider seeking the professional help of an interior designer. Now if you feel you are up for the challenge, read on.
4. Space is important, so measure your bathroom well. That means more than once so that you can be sure of exactly how much room you have to work with. Measure your bathroom well. This means at least two times. Choose items that you think you’d like in your bathroom and get the measurements. Create a layout to scale or as best as you can. You can also cut out papers to the size of the item and place it where you would want that item to go. This will be a good way to see if things fit in the bathroom. Don’t forget to leave space between things!
5. Now, if everything looks like it’s going to flow and work in the given space you have, there are a few more things to consider; You might be limited by your plumbing or electrical wiring. Window placement makes a difference, too, unless you have no problem with showering in front of a window and giving the neighbors a show.
6. If nothing seems to fit on your first go, play with the design, change the layout a bit and see if you can come up with a way to be more efficient with the space you have while still enjoying your design. If your concern is storage space, adding some shelves to your wall will certainly help with that
7. You’ve tried everything and have flipped your design upside down and inside out and you still can’t find any room, you’ll have to decide on what things you can do without. For example, using a pedestal-style sink or a wall-mount sink can take up less space than a full-size cabinet and is ideal for a small bathroom.
8. A little imagination, some measuring, and a lot of patience will help your dream bathroom come to life!
13 thoughts on “8 Simple Bathroom Design Tips”
Thanks for sharing some bathroom design tips. I really love the bathroom with the stone counters and the brick-tile. The yellow walls make it look very bright. I also love the big window and the door that leads to the backyard. I would also love a huge shower like the one in that bathroom.
I liked your suggestion about making a list of thing you want to the bathroom. I know that I would really love some great cabinets in the bathroom. So, that would be a good thing for me to have written on my list.
Heya, Thanks for sharing some bathroom design tips, It’s really informative post. Loved the bathroom designs. Especially The yellow walls make it look very bright. I would also love a huge automatic shower panel like the one in that bathroom. This is really so amazing. Keep Posting more Tips. Regards
I am not ignoring the tips given on the post; they are incredible. But, I wish to tell the visitors that the design tips are many. You should pay more attention to the position of the accessories in it. The tubs, taps and showers should be installed at right place. You have to maintain its countertop and cabinet. You should repair the electrical problems and focus on colorful light works. You should paint the room with attractive colors. You can ask your contractor for better suggestion. The pros working there are updated on recent trend.
For your home if you want to simple bathroom design then you should follow some tips, so that it can give new looks. You should check the flooring material, appliances of the bathroom. Place a sink across the toilet. It is better if you use shower curtain, mount a vanity above the floor. You can also extend the counter over the toilet. And if you follow these tips then your bathroom looks beautiful. In your blog the you explain the bathroom design tips that’s really helpful to others.
I really loved all your designs. Got a website worth a follow. Keep posting more ideas and posts on decors and designs. Everything is just so well placed. It’s looking simply amazing and elegant. Thanks for the share!
These pictures are really looking amazing. I think you really have a vast knowledge of home decor tips and ideas. I was about to renovate my bathroom, so was searching for some good ideas and I must say your post really helped me for the same. Thank you for such a great share!
Very nice thanks you for sharing this. https://imperialdesigninc.com/
Really it’s amazing bathroom. I want to make my bathroom beautiful but I have no knowledge about it. Your idea must helpful for me. Thank you for shear a great and helpful information.
“Howdy! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to check it out. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Terrific blog and great design and style.”
I want to get my bathroom all designed. It makes sense that I would want to decide things like whether I want to have a shower and bath combo! I feel like a standalone shower is a lot nicer looking, so I’ll probably go with that.
I totally agree with you in that it is important to remember that you need to measure your space carefully when trying to change the interior design. It is always a good idea to remember that doing this can help you avoid spending money on furniture that is too big for your space. Personally, I would also want to consult with a professional in order to make the plans I need to avoid overspending.
Hi! Totally love your blog. And I totally agree with you in that it is important to remember that you need to measure your space carefully when trying to change the interior design. Thanks for sharing this!
Comments are closed.